His lawyers have told me to categorically say no, he has most definitely not. Anyways, moving on to more important matters…
Below is the usual mix of quotes and links which, insha-Allah, I hope you find useful. Enjoy!
- The fact that there’s a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers. – Anon
- Be a Khadijah not a Kardashian. – Ahmed Sarraj
- I’ve got a Muslim friend who is really religious. He knows the Quran backwards. Which is handy because that’s how you read it. A surprisingly well-informed joke about the Islamic faith. And that’s because I’m not a fucking idiot. – Jimmy Carr
- They say that laughter’s the best medicine, but if that were true why do so many comedians die of cancer? Perhaps they weren’t funny enough. It’s a sobering thought, and that’s useful because many comedians are also alcoholics. – from the BBC TV program Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe, Feb 2015
- There was this sort of made-up documentary type thing called American Sniper, about a hero who bravely hid miles away, peeping through a telescope and valiantly killing people who couldn’t possibly hurt him from where they were standing. People said it glorified killing, but it didn’t glorify all killing, only far away killing, which isn’t as bad because you don’t get any on your shoes. – from the BBC TV program Charlie Brooker’s Weekly Wipe, Feb 2015 [‘Sniper’ was pronounce ‘snip-er’]
- As a Muslim if you want to stand tall in this world you have got to put your forehead on the ground, five times a day, every day. – Anon
- Saudi Arabia: Sands of Time is a new three part program on BBC Radio 4, with Egyptian writer Tarek Osman
- For those who think us Muslims ain’t funny, have a look at laughingmuslim and halalhumor
- The Quran Project has an excellent free PDF download of the Qur’an, amongst many other things.
- Two brilliant articles, one about what scares the new atheists, and the other about how taking photos all the time is ruining how we live in the ‘now’